June 13, 2011

Kitchen Redo!! Before and after...

 You guys know I painted the living room last weekend.  I love the blue so much I decided to paint the kitchen too!  I love, love, love these rooms now!!  And since this is where I spend most of the day, it's a major gift to me.  Here are some before and after pictures.

After living room was painted, when I was trying to decide whether or not to paint the kitchen.  :)

 It's not really a natural perspective, but you can see how the two rooms join together.  I guess it's a great room of sorts. 

 What you saw if you walked into my kitchen on Thursday or before.
 
What we have now!  I love the lightness and airiness of the blue! I put up decorations (some) I've had around the house for 2 years and haven't known what to do with.  I just went with white curtains/valance because I really can't find a fabric I love, these were cheaper than it would have been to make anything, and they match what's in the living room.

This one is darker, but I love the way it shows off the gray counter with the blue and white.  And notice the gray (spray painted) light fixture in the back half!  It was brown before and didn't match anything back there or the other fixture, so I went with the $5.37 can of Rustoleum and have a "new" matching fixture!  Now if I can just find someone to trade my gargantuan microwave for their small one that will fit on my counter so I can get rid of the island (next to the frig in front of the window), I'll be finished!

1 comment:

A girl who sees said...

It looks awesome!!! Yay! It looks much more like "you" now :)