August 25, 2008

I've decided to keep it open

After prayer and much thought, I've decided to keep my blog as it is.

I've gone round and round about it for three weeks now, and feel like it's worth the risk of being misunderstood if I can ever encourage just one. Encourage one to move closer to the Lord, to believe that He loves us more than we can ever imagine, to know that they are not alone, to believe that none of us is perfect by sharing my weaknesses, to love her children more, to treasure this day because we're not promised tomorrow, to laugh a bit at our crazy life, to ___________________. Just to encourage.

I am a bit afraid to share too much of my heart, but quite honestly, I feel like that is exactly what the Lord wants me to do. Lay myself out there, share my weaknesses, my wounds even. And trust Him to glorify Himself when I do that for Him. Trust Him to have my back. Trust Him to grow a seed that might be planted. Trust Him to use me - sins, pride, failures, fear and all.

So this just might be a new kind of blog... I've had some big spiritual things mulling around in my brain since June and I feel like the Lord is moving me somewhere. Don't know where, don't know how except through pain and weariness. But I do know He's drawing me nearer to Him, and I want to be right where He wants me.

3 comments:

A girl who sees said...

Very neat Lissa. I appreciate your openness and willingness to do whatever God leads. I will pray that you will be understood and that God will show you where He wants you to go. I'm sorry that it has to be through pain and weariness. I love you, and you are in my prayers. Know that I am one that is encouraged by your blog, as I'm sure many others are as well.

Matt said...

I still really look up to you, little sis'. And I love reading your thoughts, insight, wisdom, humor and life stories. I am also sorry that it's through pain and weariness. But (and this is not meant in any trite way) many of our Apostles wrote through similar states, so take hang on to that as God's means, painful though they may be.
Ya' know, I'm often telling our students that I love the way God put a built-in witnessing/evangelistic method in Scripture and in our lives. We know Philippians 4:5-7 well. And that's our built-in tool from the Lord. Anytime we're able to endure, persevere, keep on keepin' on with any sense of peace and joy (blog title), we naturally have to tell people about Jesus if we are to communicate the source of that joy truthfully. It's automatic...we have to if we're to be honest.
And that's exactly what you're doing...using God's method to communicate the joy you have in Christ through all of life.
I'm proud of you.
Love ya,
Matt

darci said...

well, I'm glad you kept your blog open, since I just 'found' you tonight. I look so forward to having time (ha!) to come back and read thru your blog and get to know you a bit. :)
another homeschooling, God-seeking, mommy in Saskatchewan.
God bless! darci