November 14, 2012

Delicious Grain Free Pumpkin Muffins!


These were so delicious! I started off a few months ago making Elana's pantry Paleo Breakfast Bread, and these are a far reaching adaptation of that, I suppose, though it's not really much like it anymore!

Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/4 c almond butter
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/3 c sugar (I use raw.)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t ginger

For the topping, I just sprinkled mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and a combo of both on the top. I used only a few tablespoons of each, I suppose.

This isn't very Elana's Pantry-ish, but throw it all in the mixer and mix on a low speed until mixed! Spoon into muffin tins. Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes. (I forgot to turn on the timer, but I did the toothpick check to make sure they were done.)

Makes about 18 muffins.

* Yes, that's almond butter, not almond flour.
* B/c of the sugar it's not Paleo. These are awfully moist, so I'm not sure honey or agave would work. Someone else is welcome to try!

My favorite part is that they have protein in them, so it's much more substantial than just a baked treat. Jacob said, "Welcome to muffin heaven!" :)







1 comment:

Leslie said...

These look yummy! Do you think peanut butter would work? I have never had almond butter (and don't have any here.) Could buy some the next time I'm out though!