October 19, 2007

Holiday Book List

I'm quite excited about our holiday season coming up! I've found a few books recently that I want to be sure and read with Jacob this year. I'm really excited about focusing on the wonderful blessings the Lord has freely given us. With Jacob being five this year, he has a greater understanding of many things about Christ. I want to capitalize on this opportunity as he's young to shape his understanding of the holidays we choose to celebrate and why we celebrate the way we do. So I've tried to find some books with richness in them on which to base our unit studies this season.

We have quite a few on our list, but here's what's on our plan that I'm really looking forward to:

Thanksgiving


The Thanksgiving Wish

by Michael Rosen

Unit Study



Give Thanks to the Lord
by Karma Wilson
(I'm going to be working on my own study for this one, but I don't have the book yet, so I'm not sure what it will include.)


Christmas


Christmas Miracle of Jonathon Toomey

by Susan Wojciechowski

Unit Study



Annika's Secret Wish
by Beverly Lewis
Unit Study

P.S. I will say "wish" is a bit of a pet-peeve word for me, and we'll certainly address that. Actually, Annika's Secret Wish specifically addresses making wishes and pointing the whole concept to Christ.

No comments: