October 19, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

We went on our annual pumpkin patch field trip a couple of weeks ago, and I failed to put pictures up! I actually didn't realize I never did this until I uploaded them today with many others I'd forgotten about!

We went to a different pumpkin patch this year, and this one was really geared toward the kids. It was really fun! They had a hay "trampoline," rain gutter rubber duck races, cow milking, corn de-kerneling, cattle roping, a petting zoo, a tractor to climb on, and a corn maze! Not to mention the hay ride and pumpkin patch! The kids had a fantastic time! (I will say, the pumpkin patch was a bit lacking, as it was quite obvious they transplanted a palette of pumpkins and dropped them in a field. Thankfully, no child noticed!) This field trip was a bit different as Robert got to join us...that always makes a field trip more fun!

Here are some pictures of our day...probably a lot more than you want, frankly!

Jacob "milking" the cow,


de-kerneling some corn for the petting zoo animals,


feeding the animals,


and beating Daddy's duck down the rain gutter (with quite a head start, I believe).


Mattie liked the hay trampoline!


But not nearly as much as the petting zoo! She started out a little timid,


but was quickly feeding them out of her little chubby hand!


She continued to feed them - one kernel at a time! - for more than half an hour!


My pumpkins! (Yes, cheesy pun.)


The crew enjoying the hayride.


I got one!


Cheese! (If only, "Cheese" really looked like a smile, I'd be set!)

No comments: