March 26, 2011

Bible in 90 ~ Week 10 ~ Treasured by God?

So I'm catching up on week 10 blogging.  This was one week I was behind a couple of days after being out of town, so since I was behind I certainly didn't have time to blog about it!  But behind in writing or not, I did have a bit of an "Aha!" moment this particular week.

I have questioned before if all of God's promises are for me.  Not because I think I'm not good enough (I know I'm not good enough for any of it!), but just because one says something in one conversation does not mean that is something they feel to every other person who may read it in the future.  I'm just not that easy to convince.  I'm not David, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea... you get the idea.  God wasn't speaking to me when He said "I know the plans I have for you," "Be ye strong and courageous," "I will be with you," etc., so who says I have the right to assume those comments of love are meant for me as well?  Or this one that was certainly encouraging, though I didn't see it as for me when I read it in a vision Daniel had:
"Daniel, you are a man treasured by God... for from the first day that you purposed to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your prayers were heard. I have come because of your prayers... Don't be afraid, you who are treasured by God. Peace to you; be very strong!" 
Daniel 10: portions of verses 11, 12, 19

But this was my moment... I know I've heard that God shows no preference... Romans 2:11 says, "For God shows no favoritism" and while Paul is talking about salvation, rewards, judgment and wrath, I think it's a reasonable stretch to conclude that He would be non-preferential when it comes to treasuring His creation as well. I know that I treasure my children, and if I could bypass my flesh, I would wholeheartedly treasure them without any interruption of feeling caused by frustration.  But because God is without sin, and His love for us is perfect, then I believe He can treasure His children even while we are frustrating Him!  So I think I'm willing to believe that I am treasured by God just like Daniel was!

No comments: