March 16, 2011

Just in case... and an imaginary friend story

Just in case anyone wonders if I've given up on reading, I haven't.  In fact, I'm almost done!  We're down to the last two weeks, and it's still on my list as one of my favorite things I've ever done.  I haven't had time to blog about the last few weeks, though I really want to.  I've been sick, Mattie was sick, then we were out of town loving on a beautiful new niece and visiting my growing up family (which I can never get enough of, I must say), and I'm in the throes of Luke 14 planning for this year's event which is April 8 & 9.  Not to mention I'm still reading about an hour each day!  Reading comes before blogging about reading.  :)

I do want to share what the Lord is doing as I read though, so you'll just have to wait.  I will say this: He is stirring and shaking up a lot of things I've thought I understood!  There is a lot I think I took a lot at face value as I was taught by others, but He's stirring my spirit to get down into the nitty gritty on my own.  Good, good things, but things that aren't as easy to believe as I think we'd like them to be.  It's also been neat to jump in to the New Testament and watch the prophecy fulfillment unfold so close after reading all of the prophecies.  Honestly, I don't think I ever really paid them much attention in the past when I've read them.

On a totally less spiritual note, something exciting is happening here on Friday!  I promise I'll post about it when it happens.  :)

And Mattie's most recent imaginary friend story:  I heard her repeatedly telling her "friend," Kara, "No, Kara!  That's rude.  You must stop that!" But her bedroom door was closed, so I wasn't quite sure what Kara was so insistent on doing.  Come to find out when I snuck up there, Kara had a terrible case of gas (helped by the beloved whoopie cushion Jacob bought Mattie for her birthday) and insisted on flatulating at the table.  Apparently, Kara thought it was quite funny!  Can you tell what happens at dinner around here?

Off to read... I'm the book of Mark behind, so I have to catch up tonight!

No comments: