He has graduated to pill swallowing!!
Sunday I put a Claritin pill in a bite of applesauce and he swallowed it without knowing the difference. I told him afterwards what he'd done. Monday morning I told him about it and he swallowed a vitamin (3 or 4 times the size of his Claritin pill) on the second try. And this evening he swallowed a very large magnesium capsule!! (This one is twice the size of the USANA vitamins. I would put it in the horsepill category.)
This is so good for him because his vitamins usually taste nasty. (Corn is what everyone uses to flavor pills, so I have to buy capsules and open them up.) Now he just has to have his enzymes in powder to use up what I have.