February 13, 2007

How much does God have to do?

In my reading through the Bible, I've been reading about the Exodus this week. This morning I got to this part in Exodus 14:31...

"And when Israel saw the great power which the Lord had used against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and they believed in the Lord and his servant Moses." NASB

God had just parted the Red Sea for the Israelites to escape the Egyptians. What struck me as odd was the fact that God had sent 10 plagues up to this point...frogs, locusts, turning water into blood, flies, etc., and not to mention killing the firstborn of all Egypt, including the firstborn cattle! (I never noticed that before.) And the Israelites didn't fear God and His power until God parted the Red Sea!!

How much does God do for me when I am unimpressed? I pray that I have a thankful heart and that I don't become calloused to all the wonderful miracles he performs on a daily basis...like waking up every morning, my kids' breath, the sun rising in the East, giving Robert health so we have a roof over our head, giving me a conscience so we can respond to the Holy Spirit and stay close to the Lord, giving us food allergies (as opposed to leukemia), giving us clean water to drink and healthy food to eat every day, freedom, a healthy marriage to sanctify me, a family who can't get enough of each other, kids who love me, the opportunity to share Christ with a lost person, oceans that don't wash our country away, mountains that stay put, salvation...

God is so faithful and powerful and loves me more than I can possibly imagine!!!

No comments: