November 01, 2007

Hamburger buns!!


I made homemade hamburger buns! Jacob has never had a bun before, hot dog or hamburger. He's never cared, actually.

But there is a teenager at church who has some food allergies, and his mother has had a hard time fitting "baking from scratch" in her schedule. And one thing she said they had no success finding was buns, so I gave them a try. I was so excited at how they turned out! Next time I will do a couple of things differently to get them to be taller, but all in all, I was pretty pleased with my success.

I kept half of the batch for Jacob to have at home, and he enjoyed his first one today with a ham and cheese sandwich. He was so excited! Later on I was taking a picture and said, "say cheese!" He said, "I love my ham and cheese sandwich on my new hamburger bun that you made for me and Aiden!" (Not the best phrase to catch a smile, but it was cute!.)

2 comments:

Preacher's Trip said...

OK, I never thought I'd covet a workable hamburger bun, but I am! Can you shoot me the recipe? Maybe I can convert it for Josh...
Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I look forward to trying one, if I ever can have bread that has a taste again!!! :^)