July 09, 2008

Praise the Lord for additional warranties!

Each time we buy something electronic, we wonder, "Is it worth it to spend that extra money for the extended drive-over-it-with-your-car-or-do-something-else-stupid warranty?" We had that same discussion again with our new camera. And boy, am I thankful our answer was, "Yes" this time! After our fireworks fun in the front yard the other night, I came inside and put Jacob to bed.

Sunday morning, Robert looked out the window and there was my camera... hanging on the chair! Ordinarily, no big deal, but this time it had poured rain all night long. Ugh.

So we opened it up as much as we could and got it dried out. Thankfully the lens dried out perfectly, b/c it wasn't under a warranty at all. But the camera is completely dead. So, thanks to my warranty, I'll have a brand new camera in a couple of weeks!

(Interestingly enough, this is the second time I have left a camera out in the rain. My first one was out there for 3 days when the electrician brought it in to me! And of course, it had been raining a lot of that time too. I had the warranty on that one as well, but didn't need to use it. It worked as if it was made to get rained on!)

1 comment:

A girl who sees said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that you are able to get a replacement! I'm sure you had that awful panicked feeling when you saw it. What a blessing!