July 02, 2008

We did it!



We did it! We finished our last lesson of Algebra II today. Not with Jacob, lest you think I've completely lost my mind. But with Rachel, the senior in high school daughter of a friend of mine.

When I started out the year, I wasn't really sure if I would be able to make it all through... My high school experience (16 years ago!!) in Algebra II gave me the lowest Math grade I ever got. But, with thanks to the excellent DIVE CDs, we made it! And more importantly than completing 111 Saxon lessons, we've developed quite a nice friendship. Rachel has been sweet enough to love on my children and we've been able to spend a lot of hours chatting about all sorts of stuff... boys, men, sleep, food issues, discipline issues, hurts, lessons I've learned from mistakes I've made and the God who hangs in there with us in spite of all those mistakes. And I found this sweet gift on my table today after she left. It's the Willow Tree "Wisdom." I'll miss our scheduled visits from here on out, but it will be nice to not have to buckle down for Math when we get together. And we'll get lots of time when she goes to Florida with us for vacation!!

No comments: