January 29, 2007

She's getting so big!!

Mattie has decided to grow up all of a sudden.

Last week she was ready to use a spoon, so she's been feeding herself some applesauce.
Yesterday she decided she was ready to walk. So now she's taking 6 or 7 steps wherever she goes. She does best when she doesn't realize what she's doing.
Saturday she got a kleenex and decided to wipe Robert's nose for him. (So cute!!)
Last week she got a pen out of my purse and started drawing, but first she found a piece of paper to do it on!!
And today she's decided to climb up the side of the playpen. No success yet, but it won't be long. This skill I fear!! She just sticks those pointy toes in the holes and moves on up. Not sure what I'll do when she masters that! Well, I guess I'll clean up random stuff (out of the cabinets) a whole lot more than I already do. I think I'm going to buy cabinet locks...

I just can't believe she's almost a year. I'm very sad about it. Only 9 days left...And in a blink of my eyes, she'll be going off to college...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff! She's turning one, and I can't believe my biggest baby is turning 5...oh my, that just sounds SO OLD!! uggg...

I love the barrettes!! :) One advantage to little girls getting bigger, their hair is more fun to play with!