March 09, 2010

Oh my goodness. I am so embarrassed!

and I didn't even do anything!  First off, Peggy, this one may be too crass for you, though it will give Macy a good laugh.  ;)

Every Tuesday when I'm at church for Bible Study, I walk through the fellowship hall to drop the kids off.  Then I walk back through the fellowship hall to get to the other building where we have Bible Study.  Two and a half hours later, I head back through the fellowship hall... once on the way to get the kids and once after I get them.  The custodians seem to always be in there when we pass through.  (Apparently the fellowship hall is a high maintenance area!)

I'm going to have to find another route.  One that involves climbing in the windows or something!

I know you're on the edge of your seat.  Soooo, today after I drop the kids off I was passing back through and noticed one particular custodian (with whom I'm not totally comfortable - just a gut reaction) on the phone, facing away from me.  As I'm walking up behind him (just passing), I notice him stand up straight as if he's getting a nice stretch.  Much to my surprise and horrible embarrassment he lets out an unreserved, loud, well... F*RT!  I don't even use that word, but "toot" just doesn't do it justice.

It gets worse... he then noticed me pass by and now he knows it's ME that observed his poorly timed release from less than a yard away!  I heard him say, "Oh." like in a, "she totally heard that" kind of way.

I managed to avoid him the next two times I had to go through the fellowship hall.  I forced a friend to walk with me so I could avert my eyes and act like I didn't notice him, but I am in that church waaaaay too often to avoid him forever!  I know this is totally natural and everything.  In fact, I'd be much less embarrassed if I did it myself.

I don't know what's wrong with me.  It's been 11 hours and I'm still embarrassed!  Unfortunately, climbing in and out of windows for the remainder of my journey at this church to avoid this guy is just not feasible.

Oh. my. goodness.  I'm so embarrassed.

6 comments:

roots youth said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ohhhh, my stomach hurts!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny. I would have died! On a positive note...be glad your kids were not with you. if they are like mine they would have started laughing and Kate probably would have made a comment. thanks for sharing. i needed a good laugh
-Macy

Unknown said...

So I'm here looking for pictures to put in the Worship Folder for the Luke 14 banquet...and I randomly skim over this post. I SO needed to hear that! Unfortunately that is so mild around here with that group of guys and you could have witnessed a lot worse, believe me. :) We could seriously do a reality show...

A girl who sees said...

Ahh....so I know you told me this story yesterday, but I still laughed really hard reading this!!

Jeni said...

He obviously didn't choose "going to the bathroom in public or other natural functions' as his reason for insecurity in Beth's book! :-) Jen

mom said...

Well, Peggy may have found it too crass, but I'm still chuckling - ok, laughing! And no, I don't see you climbing in and out of windows for any length of time! He's probably over it by now, so ..... you probably have other things over which to agonize. LY mom

PS-Be thankful the kids were already deposited in their respective classes, or you'd have lots more to be embarrassed about!